258 Burgess Street Port Denison
Denison and Dongara are “twin towns” which adjoin each other in this
coastal fishing resort. Located 200 metres from the harbour and marina,
it is an ideal place for relaxation. Port Denison is a crayfishing town
of 3000 residents in the Mid West region of Western Australia. Its
local government area is the Shire of Irwin and it is located 4
kilometers southwest of Dongara on the Indian Ocean coast.
- Two self-contained two-bedroom units
- Each unit sleeps four people, with casual bedding available for an additional two children
- 200 metres from the harbour and the marina.
up to Fisherman’s Lookout Obelisk where you’ll be greeted with a
panoramic view of the town and fishing boat harbor and a plaque
depicting local shipwrecks
- Fish, fish, fish!
- Relax and soak up the sun whilst exploring the beautiful South Beach
up a picnic or the BBQ meat and head down to the foreshore for a bit of
fresh air. Playground area adds to the enjoyment for the kids.
- Walk down to the local pub on the foreshore and enjoy a meal
- Stroll along the main street of Dongara and admire some of the best Moreton Bay fig trees in Australia
- Complete the 1.6 kilometer Heritage Trail Walk featuring 28 heritage-listed buildings
- Check out the Irwin District Museum or Russ Cottage for a look back in time
- Take a day trip to Geraldton or visit Greenough Village
- Enjoy a game of golf at the Dongara Golf Club.
four hours north of Perth, and 30 minutes south of Geraldton, this is
an ideal spot for “travellers”. The charm and easy access to visit the
towns of Greenough and Geraldton, the fishing and the golf or the
chance to simply relax make Port Denison a popular location.
South Beach and experience wide white sand stretching to the horizon.
Take a leisurely walk along the Irwin River Nature Trail and spot all
the interesting river wildlife, including black swans and pelicans.
From July through to October the region comes alive with the display of
Western Australian wildflowers, although some species are present all